Summary of installation steps for MDS AppLaud version 1.2. See also detailed instructions.
- Download Android SDK
- Download Eclipse Helios or Eclipse Indigo – Indigo Eclipse Classic or Eclipse IDE for Java Developers is recommended
- Download ADT plugin (Versions from 0.9.9 through 20.0.0 have been tested)
- Configure ADT Plugin to define SDK location and set up an AVD
- Install the MDS AppLaud for PhoneGap:
- In Eclipse ADT, Select Help -> Install New Software
- Click Add to enter a new Repository site
- The Name field is optional, “MDS AppLaud 1.2” suggested
- In Location, enter the download site: http://svn.codespot.com/a/eclipselabs.org/mobile-web-development-with-phonegap/tags/r1.2/download
- Select OK
- Select the New Site and Check the box to the left of PhoneGap for Android
- Click Finish and Follow the prompts
- Install Web Page Editor
If your Eclipse installation doesn’t yet include a web page editor for html files. Necessary for new Classic or Java editions.
Install New Software -> Work with: Indigo (or Helios) ->Web, XML Java EE, and OSGi Enterprise Development -> Web Page Editor
You can now start developing your Android apps!
Detailed instructions on getting started are here.
Installation instructions for 1.0 here.